RE: [nsp] Memory that can be used in a Cisco Router

From: KF (kf@reign.sk)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 18:51:32 EDT

my experience is, that plain standard 72 pins double bank or single bank 60ns EDO or FP 4Mx4 works fine (very fine) at 1600 and 3600
series... (non parity). Original Cisco memory is the same usually samsung or nec series (it depends..) ..anyway..there are only few
vendors, which are producing such components..
For 7200 and Catalyst 5000 you need same with parity, also parity is needed in 2500 or 5200.

Think so I was able to run 4700 with non parity (need an pair of simms)

flash is usually the same from 2500 series up to 5200... it depends which product is using which size and which vendor is supported
(chips are intel or amd) ...cannot run some 8MB AMD chips on 2500 for instance..all those flashes are CLASS B (cisco series)

anyway...those who is interresting for cheap party products, take a look at zycko (someone very smart running this company few
years..) even the name says what you can expect...hehe...

cheers

alex

p.s. let's support cisco original components....looks like they running out of bussines in some direction...so....they probably need
an $ injection....