Re: [nsp] RSVP TE question

From: Shankar Vemulapalli (svemulap@cisco.com)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 17:32:05 EDT

There is no need to reserve on inbound ...

The path message goes out asking for reservation
  followed by resv message coming back either
  confirming or not.
Once we receive the confirmation, we guarantee the
 reservation on the outgoing interface...

So, the ingress traffic could be IP and doesn't
have any reservation associated with it ... It
now can get label switched on the outgoing interface
because we have an LSP which is set up with some
bandwidth guarantees...

So, why do we need to make reservation on inbound
  interface ??

Am I missing something ??

Thanks,

/Shankar