[nsp] rate-limit -- practical limitations

From: Przemyslaw Karwasiecki (karwas@ifxcorp.com)
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 10:58:44 EDT

All,

I am looking for an unbiased opinion about how much bandwidth
I can safely assume I will be able to rate limit using rate-limit
with 2 different CIRs based on QoS classes?

I am planing to use BGP to split routing table into 2 classes,
use bgp table to populate CEF with QoS classes designators,
and later use 2 element rate-limit list on FastEthernet interface
on 7206 with NPE-300.

Can I assume I will be able to limit some prefixes to 50MB/s,
and some other to 10MB/s? Or it is too much for 7206?

Thanks for sharing with me your experience,

Przemek