Re: [nsp] Migrating from vtp transparent to server/client - tips ?

From: Dmitri Kalintsev (dek@hades.uz)
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 01:21:35 EDT

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 09:43:41AM +0200, Gert Doering wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 02:18:55AM +0200, Dmitri Kalintsev wrote:
> > By the way, don't forget that (AFAIK) if your switch in client mode gets
> > parted with its master(s), it will discard all VLANs and will stop
> > forwarding traffic, so plan wisely. :)
>
> It won't. It will just be impossible to create new VLANs (due to it being
> client), but existing VLANs will work until a master explicitely deletes
> them.

Oh, yes - where did I get the idea from, I wonder? :) Thanks for pointing
out - it must have been Monday, 'cos I'm relatively distinctly remember not
smoking any kind of socks over the weekend. :) Just now went to poke around
and found a nice write-up on VTP:

SY,

--
 CCNP, CCDP (R&S)                          Dmitri E. Kalintsev
 CDPlayer@irc               Network Architect @ connect.com.au