Re: [nsp] To S or not to S?

From: 'Dmitri Kalintsev' (dek@hades.uz)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 21:06:59 EDT

On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 08:29:06PM -0400, Jared Mauch wrote:

> 12.0(21)S2/S3 work quite well in my experience.

CSCdx35920 - where latcency measurements are unrealistic when BGP is
running on the source router. First found in 12.0(18)S01.

As well, TurboACL recalculation blows memory up on VIP2-40's (we employ
some farly large access lists).

This was quite sufficient for us to initiate a roll-back.

As I said, that applies only to our network environment.

All in all, code quality lately (roughly past two years) was extremely
scarry. I'm not sure what is going on iside the cisco dev nowdays, but
whatever it is, I don't like it and would really welcome any changes to the
better, if it is still possible.

SY,

--
 CCNP, CCDP (R&S)                          Dmitri E. Kalintsev
 CDPlayer@irc               Network Architect @ connect.com.au