[nsp] Using 2 providers

From: jim.phillipo@guardent.com
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 14:52:24 EDT

We are a 24x7 managed security provider. We currently use two ISP's for
redundancy and load balancing. Every month we seem to have some sort of
outage where we lose connectivity to 30 or 40 customers.

The routes are in the table but when you do a traceroute it dies a few hops
out. The issue appears to be that our addresses are not getting advertized
properly.

My questions are:

Does anyone have experience using multiple Providers ?

Is it worth using seperate ISP's for redundancy ? or does the hassle
outweigh the benefits ?

Thanks in Advance