[nsp] Help with VLAN

From: James Caasi (jamesky@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 22 2002 - 02:11:45 EDT

Hello,

      We are going to implement VLAN mainly to separate the broadcast
traffic from one segment to another.

      We have existing Cisco 2620 (one FastE port) and Cisco layer 2
switches. We have office users on one segment and some production machines
on another.

      Should I need a layer 3 switch for this connected after the router? Or
I only need the router to separate the two segments (using VLAN
configuration) on the layer 2 Cisco switches?

TIA,
James