Re: [nsp] RSP/VIP performance question

From: William F. Maton (wmaton@ryouko.dgim.crc.ca)
Date: Tue Sep 07 1999 - 14:12:46 EDT

On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, Simon Lockhart wrote:

> What I can't get my head around is the difference in performance between
> the RSP2 and RSP4, and again between the VIP2-40 and the VIP2-50.

RSP4 gives more memory over the RSP2, and if I remember, a little more
horsepower. You can say almost the same about the VIP2-50 and the
VIP2-40.

One handy little (paper-based guide) I use for a quick comparison is the
"Cisco Products Quick Reference Guide" Unfortunately, mine's getting long
in the tooth (Nov. 98).

> Simon

wfms