Re: [nsp] RSP/VIP performance question

From: Richard Irving (rirving@onecall.net)
Date: Tue Sep 07 1999 - 16:41:05 EDT

> What I can't get my head around is the difference in performance between
> the RSP2 and RSP4, and again between the VIP2-40 and the VIP2-50.
>
> I understand that for some PA- cards, you need a particular VIP2, and I've
> read the specs for all the cards, but nothing seems to give performance
> details for these cards.

   The RSP2 is about half the horses of an RSP4.

  (Almost -perfectly-, real world, as a matter of fact)

  Probably the reason for the naming convention....

    ;)

  And given the relationship between a VIP2/40, and VIP2/50 from an
earlier post.... one might draw a conclusion.

   :)

 But never forget, the VIP's lend themselves to solving the
problem just a little differently. Synergy can result in greater
gains than the simple math would predict....

How's your MEMD doing ?

   :O