Re: [nsp] Fast Mem on an RSP4

From: Christian Panigl, ACOnet/UniVie (panigl@cc.univie.ac.at)
Date: Fri Sep 10 1999 - 10:03:21 EDT

>Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 14:06:36 +0100
>From: "Neil J. McRae" <neil@COLT.NET>
>
> > Anyway, I'm doubting that _FAST_ memory is influenced by dCEF, but I
> > have no explanation for the significant difference between the last
> > two (B and C). Both have just VIP/PA interfaces and no "legacy" stuff
> > inside. Main difference between B and C: B holds a PA-POS (on a
> > VIP2-50)
>
>Is the MTU of the POS interface different from the rest of
>your boxes?

    Hm, not really different between Router B and C as POS and E3 are using
    the same MTU size. We are using Cisco defaults on both:

    PA-POS MTU 4470 on Router B
    PA-2E3 MTU 4470 on Router B & C
    PA-8T MTU 1500 on Router B & C
    PA-8E MTU 1500 on Router C
    PA-(2)FE MTU 1500 on Router B & C
    PA-FDDI MTU 4352 on Router B & C

    therefore on both routers we have three different MTUs (which we
    probably should standardize to 1500 as only ISIS and BGP might benefit
    from larger MTU).

    Tnx for the hint
    CP