Re: PA-MC-8T

From: Basil V. Dolmatov (dol@east.ru)
Date: Fri Sep 10 1999 - 15:58:49 EDT

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999, Steven Saner wrote:

> This two message thread was on the list last week. I would like to see
> an example configuration for taking PRIs on a PA-MC-8T. I tried to do
> this a while back and couldn't figure it out. What I want to do is use
> a single PRI to support several BRI customers (possibly some with just
> one channel and others with two). Does this require a seperate Dialer
> interface for each BRI connection? I was not able to create multiple
> dialer interfaces for a single PRI. Am I trying to do something that
> isn't possible?
There is no other specifics in MC adapters, except immanent limitation
of "objects" in adapter no more than 128.

So, you cannot use all interfaces as PRIs, beacuse T1 PRI consists of
25 "objects" and E1 PRI consists of 32 ones. Equally, you cannot split
all your interfaces in DS0s, because this gives the same number of
"objects" (each DS0 is an "object" and interface as a whole is an
"object" too).
Despite this peculiarity, there is no specific in PRI configuration
and all examples from CCO work just fine.