Re: [nsp] uBR7246!!

From: Fletcher E Kittredge (fkittred@gwi.net)
Date: Mon Sep 27 1999 - 10:20:53 EDT

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999 04:23:26 -0400 rases@fringes.net wrote:

> Where can i find detailed information about the modulation profiles
> parameters of the Cisco uBR7246's MC16B Cable Modem Card.

Cisco is your best resource. If you don't have a good support
contract, you should get one. If you do have a support contract, use
it to the max.

> We are using the IOS 11.3(7)NA. Do you know any newer IOS version(maybe
> 12.0....) that it is being used on the uBR7246 without any problem?

We have had good success with :

  IOS (tm) 7200 Software (UBR7200-IK1ST-M), Version 12.0(5)T, RELEASE
  SOFTWARE (fc1)
  Compiled Sun 25-Jul-99 04:59 by kpma
  Image text-base: 0x60008900, data-base: 0x60E80000

By the way, we think *all* their server software sucks rocks. This
would be CNR or whatever they call it. After the point that we
finally managed to convince ourselves that there was no value added by
their software that was not available via the normal freeware DNS and
DHCP servers and scraped their stuff, life has been good.

Current rule-of-thumb here is: "If it has Cisco on the outside, and
it doesn't run on their router hardware, find another solution."

regards,
fletcher