Re: [nsp] BGP routing questions

From: dave o'leary (doleary@juniper.net)
Date: Fri Oct 01 1999 - 00:06:40 EDT

there are various options available to you, but some involve getting
the folks on the other end to change their router configs. Keep in mind
that traffic is bidirectional, and the techniques that you use can affect
what traffic is sent *to* you over a given link but not necessarily how
you send your traffic out, and vice versa.

Get John Stewart or Sam Halabi's book on BGP and read through
some of the protocol knobs that are available.

Also, Praveen Akkiraju wrote a document (dare I say "white paper"?)
on multihoming which covers these strategies/issues/tradeoffs,
which I believe is on CCO somewhere, but I can't find it, perhaps
because my login is no longer valid for some reason :-). Perhaps
some kind soul can send a pointer.

                                                 dave