Re: [nsp] Load sharing on T-1s

From: Simon Leinen (simon@limmat.switch.ch)
Date: Thu Oct 07 1999 - 04:53:27 EDT

Another possibility would be to use Multilink PPP between the two
interfaces. Last time I tried this on 2500s, this did allow use of
the full bandwidth by a single connection, but drove up the CPU load
to almost 100% when the links were used a lot. I don't know whether
that has been improved in the meantime (other than through the
introduction of better hardware :-).

Configuration examples are on CCO - look for "inverse multiplexing
using multilink PPP" or something like that. I would send you the URL
but I can't get to Cisco's WWW servers right now.

--
Simon Leinen				       simon@babar.switch.ch
SWITCH				   http://www.switch.ch/misc/leinen/

Who is General Failure & why's he reading my disk?