Re: Smartnet and used equipment

From: Ryan OConnell (ryan@complicity.co.uk)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 03:32:18 EST

We use SPAR contracts rather than smartnet but we've had no major problems with used kit, even though we know some of it very old and wasn't well tested by the reseller before shipping. (Lots of DOA kit in particular, the reseller seemed happy if the lights came on)

Kit grey imported from outside the theater (usually from the US) can be more of a problem though, but mosty for newer kit that's not widely deployed in EMEA yet. Shouldn't be a problem on established main-line products like routers and switches though.