[nsp] MTU, tunnel and fixes not working

From: Thomas Kernen (tkernen@deckpoint.ch)
Date: Sun Nov 11 2001 - 18:15:54 EST

ICMPs disabled and MTU size issue. The tunnels are set to 1514 bytes
(and can't be changed on the 2620).

I have a GRE tunnel between the following 2 routers: c2620 (12.2.4T)
tunnels to a 7206 (12.0.18S).

On the 2620 I've upgraded to 12.2.4T (yuck) to get the ip tcp adjust-mss
option that is stated on the
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/105/56.html webpage. Unfortunally
neither that nor the route-map feature using set ip df 0 seem to fix my
problem on the 2620.

On the 7206, I've not yet found which IOS release enables either of
those 2 commands and the feature navigator or the release notes were of
no help.

Any suggestions for such a common problem (other than removing the
tunnel).

Thomas