Re: [nsp] BGP as-path help

From: Niels Bakker (niels@euro.net)
Date: Tue Oct 19 1999 - 13:35:00 EDT

Steve Austin wrote:

> Most likely UUnet is filtering out the prepended as-path. You may want to
> contact them and check to see if they are allowing you to do this.

Last time I asked they told me they did prefix-based filtering (they had
indeed forgotten one on one of my transit connections to them -- at the
time it was pretty irritating since my two other transit providers also
had unrelated outages at the same time!).

> At 11:03 AM 10/19/99 -0400, Eric J Merkel wrote:
>> route-map SETPATH permit 10
>> match ip address 1
>> set as-path prepend 13638 13638

Try deleting the match clause and make it only one AS to prepend, or UUnet
will favour Sprint to route to you.

An alternate route is playing with communities; AS701 supports all sorts
of neat tricks. Look up AS702 in the RIPE database, it also applies to
AS701. (Haven't found the webpage yet.)

        -- Niels.