[nsp] MC3810 DSL Bridging Problem (IRB)

From: Jay Stewart (cosmo@olywa.net)
Date: Tue Oct 19 1999 - 18:41:04 EDT

I'm having problems getting IRB to work correctly with COVAD DSL
connected PVCs over Frame-Relay. (Configs below)

Everything seems to work fine on these connections - I can ping the
customer, simple stuff works, and all downloads in the direction of
the customer work, but when they try to FTP stuff upstream, or send an
encoded e-mail attachment, their transfers putter out during upload.
This is only on the *bridged* COVAD PVC's, not the routed ones (of
which we have a dozen or so on the same shared T1).

I'm running 12.0(6) in a MC3810 with 32 MB of RAM. The customers are
using FlowPoint 2200 SDSL router/bridge at varying speeds in bridged
ADSL mode. Line problems have been eliminated as a problem. Is there
a switch I'm not flipping, or something I'm forgetting, or is there an
issue with using this type of configuration in a MC3810? I get this
problem whether or not I'm using separate sub-interfaces with separate
BVI's, or whether I share.

Jay Stewart
Vice President
Olympia Networking Services - "The Northwest's Premier ISP"
http://www.olywa.net

-----------

bridge irb

interface Serial1
 description covad DSL Access T1
 no ip address
 no ip directed-broadcast
 encapsulation frame-relay
 no ip route-cache
 no ip mroute-cache
 no keepalive
 no fair-queue

interface Serial1.999 multipoint
 description COVAD bridged Interface
 no ip directed-broadcast
 no ip route-cache
 frame-relay map bridge 44 broadcast IETF
 frame-relay map bridge 38 broadcast IETF
 bridge-group 1
 bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled

interface BVI1
 description Shared Bridged Interface for COVAD DSL.
 ip address 216.173.209.126 255.255.255.192
 no ip directed-broadcast
 no ip proxy-arp
 arp timeout 3600
end