[nsp] T1 testing with PA-MC-T3

From: Charles Sprickman (spork@inch.com)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 14:10:29 EST

Hi,

I'm looking for some specifics in using the T1 test facilities on this
card. I'd really like to be able to send a loop up request to both the
telco smart jack and the remote csu, but the options are a bit too
extensive. For example, the "t1 x remote loopback ..." command for
getting a smart jack in loopback has two branches of commands that then
have further options beyond that. I've checked with our telco (Verizon NY
and NJ), and the cisco and the VZ folks don't speak the same language, so
they have not been able to clue me in as to what exactly I need to send.

I have been able to get a loop up in the past, but I'm not sure whether I
hit the smart jack or the csu.

Anyone have specifics on this for VZ in NY and NJ?

Thanks,

Charles