Re: [nsp] VIP 2 reload message?

From: scott (scott@digisle.net)
Date: Sat Nov 24 2001 - 15:15:31 EST

On Fri, 23 Nov 2001, TARRY James wrote:

> > 00:00:06: %VIP-3-BADMALUCMD: Unsupported MALU command 61, arg=0x4, pascb=0x60539960

Hello Everyone,

For the insanely curious... ;-) I'd also like to re-ask (Tarry asked
first) if anyone knows how to find the details of what "command 61,
arg=0x4, pascb=0x60539960" means. What is command 61?

Or, in general, how can we find these things for ourselves? I can't find
anything explaining these types of things in cisco.com. Is there a
particular place that will give us hints on how to find these types of
details? For example, until I went to the vendors webpage, I had a heck
of a time finding out what SSC was in the show diag command. (other
insanely curious folk can see below... :) These things just aren't clear
in cisco.com.

Is there a vendors webpage we can go to for this particular issue? Do one
of you cisco guys have a list of favorite links for getting this type of
info, in general, that you'd like to share??? :-)

scott

QUICC (Quad Integrated Communications Controller): The term "quad" comes
from the fact that there are four serial communications controllers (SCCs)
on the device.

The QUICC has four SCCs that can be configured independently to implement
different protocols. Together, they can be used to implement bridging
functions, routers, gateways, and interface with a wide variety of
standard wide area networks, local area networks, and proprietary
networks. The SCCs have many physical interface options such as
interfacing to TDM buses, ISDN buses, and standard modem interfaces. On
the QUICC, the SCC does not include the physical interface, but it is the
logic which formats and manipulates the data obtained from the physical
interface.

Many functions of the SCC are common to all of the protocols. Each SCC
supports a number of protocols: HDLC/SDLC, HDLC bus, BISYNC, asynchronous
or synchronous start/stop (UART), totally transparent operation, and
AppleTalk In addition, Ethernet is available on SCC1 of the Ethernet
version of the QUICC.

etc...