RE: [nsp] Kill/Stop/Restart a Router Process?

From: Cheung, Rick (Rick.Cheung@NextelPartners.com)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2001 - 11:53:31 EST

        You can also use snmp views to restrict snmp polling to certain
branches of the mib tree. You can define different community strings to
specific branches of the mib tree for greater flexibility.

        If this applies, Openview is particularly cpu intensive as it uses
snmp to look at a router's arp cache for periodic node discovery. If can
mitigate the issue if you give Openview an snmp community string that is
limited to only the system and interfaces branch of the mib tree, on your
router.

        You can try no snmp-server to stop the snmp process. A reboot would
definitely help if the memory cannot be reclaimed.

Rick Cheung