[nsp] Frame Relay question-CIR on a Cisco 2610

From: Jim Brunetti (brunetti@masergy.com)
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 18:46:59 EST

I am trying to set the CIR, Bc, and Be values on a Cisco 2610. I would
like to set a low CIR and a high Be on a T1. When I set this on a Cisco
2610 running 12.2.6 with frame-relay traffic shaping (CIR of 56K, Be of
1536000 on a 1.5 Mb link), things are hunky dory until I go past the
CIR. As soon I hit the CIR, the Cisco will start to queue packets in an
output buffer and latency goes to hell. There is no other traffic on
this line. Why does the Cisco ignore my Be and queue the packets? Why
does it take so long for a 2610 to service a queue? This happens if I
am running FIFO or Fair queuing. Any help would be appreciated.

Config snippets:

interface Serial0/0
 no ip address
 encapsulation frame-relay IETF