Re: [nsp] BGP Confederation question

From: Danny McPherson (danny@qwest.net)
Date: Mon Oct 25 1999 - 16:34:39 EDT

> This is interesting! I never tried adjusting
> route characteristics with a +/- option.
>
> I've longed for the ability to write a little
> equation when setting weights, etc, and this gets
> me part of the way there.
>
> So, I could set the med to 0 at the route origination
> point, and then increment the med at each step beyond
> that point by matching on the AS path. This may work.

You can't match on the AS_PATH, it's not there. I'd thought about this last
night and the only way you could do this is by matching specific destinations
(or communities would prbably be the best option) on ingress as a peer import
policy and set some value (probably LOCAL_PREF) based on the peer it was
learned from.

Of course, I opted not to suggest this because it's still a hack.

-danny