Re: [nsp] E-BGP between PE-CE and loopback Address

From: Rick Burts (rburts@netcraftsmen.net)
Date: Fri Dec 14 2001 - 16:55:54 EST

Manpreet

some more detail of what you are trying to do would be helpful.
Are you peering to the physical interface address or to the loopback ?
If peering to the loopback you will need ebgp-multihop.
Have you tested IP reachability - the best test is an expended ping
which specifies the source as the BGP peering address of the local
router
and the destination as the BGP peering address of the remote router.
(It would be good to test from both sides)

can you give more detail - showing the relevant part of the configs
might also be helpful.

Rick

--
Rick Burts     CCIE 4615  CCSI     Email: rburts@netcraftsmen.net
Chesapeake NetCraftsmen            O:410.757.3050,

With 6 CCIEs on staff Chesapeake NetCraftsmen offers services in network consulting and training. Our services include Network Design, Implementation, Troubleshooting as well as Network Management.