Re: Odd T1 problem

From: jlewis@lewis.org
Date: Fri Dec 28 2001 - 23:07:17 EST

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001, Stephen Sprunk wrote:

> This is actually somewhat common with certain ILECs. Many wire monkeys will
> loop an unlabelled circuit to find out where it goes -- when you complain,
> they know how to label it. Just tell them side Z is seeing its own traffic,
> and it should be "cleared during testing" within a day or two.

It looks like this must have happened during Bell's testing. It turned
out the customer's CSU really has died (or at least failed to continue
working properly). It wasn't until about 45 minutes after we replaced it
that the circuit started working though. As I suspected, when I called
Bell to ask about the half looped circuit, there was nothing in the
ticket, but the tech admitted that it's not that unusual for someone
to accidentally do that to some random circuit while testing another.

 Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |