Re: private vlans

From: Benjie Ko (gerwalk1@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 03:38:48 EST

Hasnt anyone here implemented PVLANs? I have a 6509
and a 3548XL. The purpose here is to setup a
maintenance network wherein customers can access their
server from a maintenance console. Since we have
multiple customer servers, Im trying to prevent them
to communicate via layer 2. However, the maintenance
consoles can talk to the customer servers.This is the
reason why I want to use PVLANs.
The customer servers and the maintenance consoles are
connected on the 3548s. The 3548s in turn are
connected via an ISL trunk to the 6509.
6509 is running native IOS 12.1(8a)EX. 3548 is running
12.0(5.2)XU.
If PVLANs wont work with my setup, then can you
recommend a workable solution?