Re: [nsp] Multilink PPP on Virtual-Template's problem

From: Josh Duffek (jduffek@cisco.com)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 14:52:42 EST

comments inline...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Raymond Leung" <rlcw@zonasa.com>
To: <cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net>
Cc: <rlcw@zonasa.com>; <kcf@zonasa.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 4:18 AM
Subject: [nsp] Multilink PPP on Virtual-Template's problem

> Dear All :
>
> I wanna use Multilink PPP on my cisco 7206 router , is there just only add
> the "multilink ppp" on the vtemp1 ?

also, in global config: multilink virtual-template1
see: http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/131/7.html

> and also , how to verify the connections are connected successful ? What I
> should do with my radius server ?

"show ppp multilink" on the router. make sure you have multiple connections
and multilink authorized on radius.

> if one Virtual-Interface is 1.8mb , if two are connected , is there will
be
> 3.6Mb ??

theoretically...yes

> I heard one of my friend he told me the cpu percent will increase much ,
is
> this real ?

the amount of cpu increase depends on how many members you have in the
bundle, ie how many times you are fragmenting the packet. if you have a ton
of members in the bundle you may want to turn of fragmentation. you may
also want to take a look at this:

Alternatives for High Bandwidth Connections Using Parallel T1/E1 Links
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/ifaa/pa/much/tech/althb_wp.htm

> also if i wanna do some routing on the mppp , what and which protocol
> should I need to be use ?

anyone that works with unnumbered interfaces i guess. what do you currently
use in your network?

> Here is my current configuration :
>
> interface Virtual-Template1
> mtu 1492
> ip unnumbered FastEthernet0/0
> no logging event link-status
> peer default ip address pool MG660989
> ppp authentication pap

add "ppp mult" and make sure "ppp mult" is configured on whichever physical
interfaces that you want this to work with.

if it doesn't work as expected get:
debug ppp nego
debug ppp mult event
debug aaa author
(bounce the physical interfaces if you can. and after everything comes up:)
sh int
sh ppp mult
sh user

Josh