Re: [nsp] How to put comment on Cisco router?

From: C. Jon Larsen (jlarsen@richweb.com)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 10:27:32 EST

Here's what I use .....

conf t
! prints a nice router hostnam banner
service linenumber

line vty 0 4
! print an additional location code like the city, colo facility,
! and rack number
 location put text here .......

banner exec |

Put some text here .... like who can access the router, etc, unauth users
must logoff now .... They get this text when they connect via telnet (or
ssh)

banner motd |

More text here they'll get when they login .....

--

C. Jon Larsen Chief Technology Officer, Richweb.com (804.307.6939) SMTP: jlarsen@richweb.com (http://richweb.com/cjl_pgp_pub_key.txt)

Richweb.com: Designing Open Source Internet Business Solutions since 1995 Building Safe, Secure, Reliable Cisco-Powered Networks since 1995