Re: [nsp] How to put comment on Cisco router?

From: C. Jon Larsen (jlarsen@richweb.com)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 10:38:42 EST

Yes, I do have 'em backwards - good catch.

banner motd is printed when a vty connection (or login via aux, tty, or
vty by default). I think you can disable the global banners on a line
basis as well.

banner exec is when the user starts an exec session (they authenticate
successfully).

You probably also want to look into setting up aaa on your routers (look
at aaa new-model) command on www.cisco.com's search.

I never install a router w/o aaa - its good stuff.

--

C. Jon Larsen Chief Technology Officer, Richweb.com (804.307.6939) SMTP: jlarsen@richweb.com (http://richweb.com/cjl_pgp_pub_key.txt)

Richweb.com: Designing Open Source Internet Business Solutions since 1995 Building Safe, Secure, Reliable Cisco-Powered Networks since 1995