[nsp] Cat 4000 PVLAN to Dot1q sub-interface?

From: Steven Godfrey (steven.godfrey@intechnology.co.uk)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 09:38:37 EST

Hi,
I have a problem which I'm sure will become more common place as many people are now using a similar architecture to below.

We run an MPLS network and for LAN PE connections we use cat 4006 switches with dot1q trunks in to 720x routers.

The dot1q sub interfaces are to be the default gateway for the various VLAN/PVLANs on the 4006's.

I was hoping the trunk port would carry the traffic from the PVLAN to the dot1q sub interfaces as you can have PVLANs trunk between
switches. This does not work.

You cannot add the trunk port as a promiscuous PVLAN port, is there any way to get around this or is it addressed in a later
software release?

I have been running these tests on WS-C4006 Software, Version NmpSW: 6.2(1)

Thanks in advance.

Steve.