Re: [nsp] Larger than 1500 byte MTUs on WS-X4912G and GEIP

From: Neil J. McRae (neil@COLT.NET)
Date: Tue Nov 02 1999 - 17:57:54 EST

On Tue, 02 Nov 1999 22:51:58 +0000
 "Neil J. McRae" <neil@COLT.NET> wrote:

> IIRC I think there was a thing about this on the 11.1 release notes...

maybe not...

CSCdk89734

The Gigabit Ethernet Interface Processor (GEIP) does not support
protocols that use the Ethernet 802.3x header TypeLength field as
the size for the maximum transmission unit (MTU). This includes
SNAP, CLNS, IPX, SDE, IBMNM, and NetBIOS. There is no workaround.

Regards,
Neil.

--
Neil J. McRae                             C O L T  I N T E R N E T
neil@COLT.NET