Re: [nsp] Cisco Network Audit

From: Ryan O'Connell (ryan@complicity.co.uk)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 15:44:43 EST

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 11:35:42AM -0600, Alejandro Esquivel Rodríguez wrote:
> I need information or any documentation for
> the basis that Cisco Network Audit ( "show commands, cisco
> information, etc")

If you're after information to do an audit of your network (Your mail is a
little unclear) then the commands you want are:

Most IOS routers - show diag
CatOS/XDI switches - show mod
Fixed-config routers and switches - show ver

This assumes that you have access to all devices and know where they are. If
not, show cdp neigh may be useful.

Some devices can't tell you their serial number - mostly older Cat2900s,
Local Directors etc.

--
         Ryan O'Connell - CCIE #8174
<ryan@complicity.co.uk> - http://www.complicity.co.uk

I'm not losing my mind, no I'm not changing my lines, I'm just learning new things with the passage of time