[nsp] Help, I need good 7206 Multichannel code!

From: Brian (signal@shreve.net)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 21:58:23 EST

I have been battling a problem on a 7206 all day, and I am stressing over
it. 7206 with a PA-MC-2T3+. I tried 12.0(19)S1 and 12.0(7)XE1 and both
are showing the same problems. Type 7 LSA's are not being translated to
Type 5 LSA's for redistribution in the backbone.

To run a Multichannel interface, CCO says you need at least 12.0(1)S or
12.0(2)XE2.

I have an NSSA on this 7206 (area 10). The 7206 is an ABR between area 10
and 0. The NSSA is configured correctly, the 7206 is getting all the Type
7 LSA's. The braindead 7206 is announcing Type 5 LSA's for other parts of
ospf (such as redistributed statics, connected, etc). But its not doign
the 7->5 conversion for routes learned from the NSSA.

If anyone is using a Multichannel interface, on a 7206, and has a NSSA
hanging off it, and can tell me the code they are using, I would really
appreciate it.

Even if someone just knows of a train that works pretty good on a 7200
that supports Multichannel, I would try it.

Brian

Brian Feeny, CCIE #8036 e: signal@shreve.net
Network Engineer p: 318.222.2638x109
ShreveNet Inc. f: 318.221.6612