Re: [nsp] ICMP messages

From: Przemyslaw Karwasiecki (karwas@ifxcorp.com)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 11:22:54 EST

Diego,

Welcome to the group.

My understanding is that any particular message you see is hardcoded
into your ping program, so to change it you would have to change
ping application you are using.

Cisco is responding to ICMP echo request send by your ping apps
with ICMP type 3 code 13 (communication administratively prohibited)
and your ping apps is interpeting such ICMP responses in a way
you are observing , writing a message "Communication prohibited by
filter".

You may want to try to verify this with "debug ip icmp" on cisco.

Przemek