[nsp] 6500 Native or Hybrid ( was [nsp] Cat 6500... what is really pos sible together...)

From: Cisco List (cisco-list@avistacom.net)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 20:23:51 EST

What is the general feeling from those running 65XXs in production regarding
Hybrid CatOS/IOS or Native IOS? We have had several running in Hybrid mode
and are working on some network reconfiguration at this time. Part of the
reconfig is upgrades to the 6500s so we could easily move from Hybrid to
Native as part of those upgrades. Our feeling so far is that in a service
provider environment, where we are doing Internet access as well as Metro
Area Ethernet service, the Hybrid mdoe has looked more attractive. This has
largely been due to some of the spanning-tree controls etc. that have been
steadily improving in the CatOS. But, it has appeared as though Native IOS
has also been improving.

We'll also pose this question to our Cisco account team but thought we would
see what many of the folks on this list thought.

Thanks in advance,
Chad

Chad Skidmore
Director, IP & Data Operations