[nsp] CBAC and performance

From: Steve Pfister (srp336@getcoactive.com)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 14:35:25 EST

I've got a customer to which connects to us via a point-to-point T1. We
configured the router (a 1720, ios 12.0(5)) on their side, and are using
CBAC. They've not really had any complaints until now. There is one
particular important website that they need access to. Getting to it is so
slow as to be unusable. In troubleshooting, I've noticed that telnetting to
the http port from inside their lan and doing a 'GET /' send back the page
rather slowly, with lots of hesitation. If I then telnet to the http port
from the router itself (bypassing the 'ip inspect' statement on the
Ethernet port), it seems fine...nice and fast and no pauses. The timeout in
the ip inspect http statement was 3600, but I changed it to 7200 to see
what would happen. It's still the same. How can I figure out why this is
happening? Does the router need more memory (or maybe replacing)?

Thanks!

Steve Pfister
srp336@getcoactive.com