Re: [nsp] unable to collect interface stats on 6905 MSFC2

From: Dmitri Kalintsev (dek@hades.uz)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 23:53:59 EST

On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 10:57:12AM -0800, Nash Darukhanawalla wrote:
> This is because the packets are L3 switched in the hardware by the PFC.

Related question: what traffic _is_ getting switched by MSFC? Is this
snmp/routing protocol/netflow export from msfc/cdp/telnet/ssh traffic to or
from MSFC itself or something more? If it is more, than what is it? Is
statement about 7.1 and visibility of MLS/SEF switched traffic on msfc (when
run in hybrid mode) true?

Thanks!

> Due to the CEF based architecture of the SUP2 / MSFC2, the MSFC2 processes
> routing updates, creates FIB and ADj tables. These tables then get
> downloaded to the PFC hardware so that it can do local CEF lookups. Sup2
> also maintains the Netflow table to provide flow statistics.
>
> Please refer to this document on configuring NDE to monitor L3 switched
> traffic:
> http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/sw_6_3/confg_gd/nde.htm
>
> Nash
>

> At 07:24 AM 3/1/2002 -0800, matthew zeier wrote:
>
> >I'm trying to run cricket against the Vlan interfaces on a 6905 "router" and
> >have noticed that IfOutOctets and IfInOctets barely incremenet, if at all.
> >They do, however, if I query the switch but often customers are spread
> >across several switches/switch ports and I wanted any easy way to grab
> >inter-Vlan bandwidth.
> >
> >Running 12.1(8a)E2 and 6.3(3) .
> >
> >Any ideas?
> >
> >--
> >matthew zeier - "In mathematics you don't understand things. You just
> >get used to them." - Johann von Neumann
---end quoted text---

--
 CCNP, CCDP (R&S)                          Dmitri E. Kalintsev
 CDPlayer@irc               Network Architect @ connect.com.au