SNMP monitoring of ifInOctets and ifOutOctets on 802.1Q subinterfaces

From: Przemyslaw Karwasiecki (karwas@ifxcorp.com)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 12:08:11 EST

Hello,

I am sure that this is very common problem,
and was already answered many times.

But I cannot find anything conclusive in an archives.

I am using 12.0(18)ST and 12.0(19)ST1 and even when
you can find subinterfaces in ifTable, they don't have
ifInOctets and ifOutOctets counters.....

Somebody mentioned to me couple of months ago some workaround
solution with monitoring some VLAN bridge groups, but I cannot
recall any details.

Does it really means that there is no way to monitor bandwith on
802.1Q VLAN subinterfaces while using Service Provider trim????

Thanks,

Przemek