RE: [nsp] Compatible Dual Ethernet Module for 2651? does one exist?

From: Spencer Garrett (srg@2alpha.net)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 00:48:22 EST

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Douglas M. Todd, Jr. wrote:

> http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_mod/cis2600
> /hw_inst/nm_inst/nm-doc/connteth.htm
>
> 4.2
> NM-4E
>
> 4.4
> NM-2E2W Should work fine? Why not?
>
> Does this guides you in the right direction?

Okay, I looked it up. Neither the NM-2E2W nor the NM-2FE2W
are supported in the 2600 series, so the NM-4E is your only
hope. See

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_mod/cis2600/hw_inst/nm_inst/nm-doc/ovrnetm.htm#14116

for details (this is 3 clicks to the "previous" side of the page
listed above). I know from personal experience that the NM-1E2W,
while physically compatible with the 2600 module slot, is not
recognized by IOS in the 2621.

Spencer