Re: Serial DS3 port problem

From: Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 03:46:35 EST

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 17, 2002 at 05:02:45PM -0800, Tito Basa wrote:
> note that the two working ones, hardware loopback
> (patching the transmit and receive coax, no dsu)
> there’s no problem. Serial is up/up (looped).
>
> on the new ports, serial is down/down with loopback
> and only is up/up (looped) if I change config to this
> one putting a "clock source internal" instead of the
> default line.

Sounds not completely unlikely to me - if the line is hardware looped,
there is no clock source unless you set "clock source internal".

Due to crosstalk or whatnot, it is possible that the other T3s get "some
sort of signal" from somewhere, amplify it (because clock is looped back),
and work without any reference clock, but that's just by chance.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering@physik.tu-muenchen.de