Re: [nsp] Maximum RAM in an AGS+?

From: Robert E. Seastrom (rs@seastrom.com)
Date: Thu Mar 21 2002 - 10:00:12 EST

CARL.P.HIRSCH@sargentlundy.com writes:

> What's the most RAM one can stuff in an AGS+, and how cheaply?
>
> It looks like Cisco doesn't have a whole lot of AGS documentation online
> anymore.

4 meg on a CSC3, soldered to the board (they all came this way)
16meg on a CSC4, and it's also soldered to the board.

Some people have claimed to have put 32mb or 64mb on the motherboard
via non-trivial pcb rework. Not recommended.

CSC4s ought to not be terribly expensive these days. If I were
looking for one, I would look at surplus or metal reclamation shops,
as they are beyond what I'd expect to find at a reseller (though I'm
sure some resellers will still have such stuff). In fact, I can think
of one place offhand that _might_ have them...

                                        ---Rob