RE: [nsp] icmp blocking

From: Stephen Gill (gillsr@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 03:59:17 EST

Kudos to Rob Thomas for addressing this in a quick how-to guide, as I
think it will answer your question...
http://www.enteract.com/~robt/Docs/Articles/icmp-messages.html

You are better off allowing a specific subset of ICMP and rate limiting
it. This way you have the best of both worlds, and you won't break
things too badly like source quench, path MTU, unreachable messages,
etc...

-- steve