[nsp] Cisco and PPTP?

From: Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 11:26:02 EDT

Hi,

feature navigator is lying to me, I'm sure...

It claims that "PPTP plus MPPE" is supported in "IP Plus" images (or for
some platforms in "IP only").

Just tried on a few different boxes, and while all of those images *did*
accept things like "vpdn-group 1 / protocol pptp", none of them will
accept "ppp encrypt mppe ...", except for the 3DES image I had on one
of the IPSEC boxes.

So I would appreciate very much if someone would clarify this for me - is
the following assumption correct (in 12.2):

 - IP only/IP plus (depending on platform) -> PPTP, but no encryption
 - IP plus / DES ("8" images) -> PPTP with 40 bit encr.
 - IP plus / 3DES ("9" images) -> PPTP with 40 or 128 bit encr.

The PPTP faq backs this ("You need crypto images for MPPE support"), so
maybe it's just the feature navigator that's kaput...

thanks,

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de