Re: [nsp] Cisco vs. Juniper of LSP setup

From: LU (wenxuecity2001@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 12 2002 - 14:37:19 EDT

Eric,

I am just comparing how JUNOS and IOS are different
regarding this. My concern is that enabling OSPF
opaque will generate too many additional LSAs, I am
not sure if that will be a problem, but that's my
concern. If I only want to create a LSP tunnel, why do
I have to use opaque LSA? Why can I just use non-TE
database to set up the tunnel? Sure, the TE-database
will make the setup faster, but I still do not see why

trying to reserver bandwidth on a no-cspf path is a
problem. Bottom line is, I just want to create a
static or dynamic LSP, I do not care about any other
information, thus the opaque LSAs are useless for this
task, and they will create more instability.

Thanks
LU