Re: static NAT problem

From: Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 11:06:02 EDT

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 04:23:17PM +0200, Niels Bakker wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 09:40:38PM +0800, Nick wrote:
> >> the magic was to add 'ip ospf network point-to-point' under the lo0
> >> interface - thankfully pointed out by a legend on this mailing list.
>
> * gert@greenie.muc.de (Gert Doering) [Tue 16 Apr 2002, 15:39 CEST]:
> > Huh? Now what is that one doing? *curious*
>
> It makes it possible for Loopback0 to get a non-/32 netmask
> redistributed into OSPF and other dynamic routing protocols.

Ugh. I assumed this would "just happen", but actually never tried it
(if I want to generate "artificial" routes into OSPF, I route them to
null0 and redist static). Thanks for enlightening me.

> I think this trick is actually part of some CCIE lab tests :)

Still learning for that one :-)

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de