Re: [nsp] is line protocol enough?

From: Jesper Skriver (jesper@skriver.dk)
Date: Mon Nov 22 1999 - 11:34:20 EST

On Mon, Nov 22, 1999 at 11:19:12AM -0500, Fabien Berger wrote:

> i came across a strange thing, can someone explain?
>
> 2 routers are connected via a serial v.35 (HDLC encapsulation, keepalives are set to 10s). on one end of the line the line protocol
> is down and on the other the line protocol stays up (link is up in both ends). a sh/no sh does not help.
>
> the problem is that the static routes pointing towards that interface (with line protocol up) are not removed. traffic is lost! does
> this mean that we should never trust the keepalives? should we always let a routing protocol discover link failures?

Or run ppp, my experience is that ppp is much better at detecting
failures ...

Please wrap you mail at 70 chars ...

/Jesper

--
Jesper Skriver (JS4261-RIPE), Network manager
Tele Danmark DataNet, IP section (AS3292)

One Unix to rule them all, One Resolver to find them, One IP to bring them all and in the zone to bind them.