Re: [nsp] what cisco 7206 adapter is this?

From: Mark Turpin (mark-cisco-nsp@gomez.charter.com)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 19:23:57 EDT

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 06:53:34PM -0700, Benjie Ko wrote something like this:
> So how do you solve problems like this? The cable to
> connect both routers would probably be around 50 ft.
> btw, whats the max distance for the 75ohm t3 cable?
> checked cisco and it indicates 450ft, supplier told me
> 400m. whats your experience on this?

My experience with hot signals was an interesting one. Flapping DS3 that I couldn't
get my finger on a good reason until the TAC pointed out that perhaps I should look
at the signal strength. After grabbing a spec analyzer I was quite surprised to see
that the signal was much too high to be using. Working for a cable company
at the time, I "just happened" to have some pads (passive attenuation device) laying around.

Insertion of the pad inline on my RX feed took care of the problem in a jiffy.
You can pick them up just about anywhere. Nothing too magic about them.

g'luck...
-Mark

--
Free bagpipes:
1) Place cat under arm, 2) chew tail, 3) pull legs and squeeze