Re: [nsp] Using Viking Flash ATA disks in C12000?

From: Abe Martey (amartey@cisco.com)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 00:48:41 EDT

Actually, not all ATA PC cards have passed the rigorous
compliance testing (EMI, EDVT, etc) required for support
on Cisco routers. At least I can speak for the Cisco 12000
platform as the product manager of RP pdts.

So Matt is right. Support, reliability as well as safety
should be considered as you make your buying decisions.

You might want to consider comparing the shielding of the
the cards from Cisco to any off-the-shelf cards from the
same third party vendor to get my point. :)

Cheers.

- abe