Re: [nsp] RSVP TE question

From: Shankar Vemulapalli (svemulap@cisco.com)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 18:08:41 EDT

JUN -

[not going into the gory details]
the PATH message goes from the sender asking for
the bandwidth to be guaranteed. During this time every
router in the middle either will pass the message
towards the destination or will will send a path_err
message. Assuming if it reaches the destination, the
receiver will initiate a RESV message confirming the
reservation to the sender.

As you see, in this picture, for somebody in the middle -
their so called incoming interface will be a out-going
interface on the other end.

So, in essence, we are guaranteeing on the outbound
interface of each router...

Your below issue mayn't arise as this will be taken
 care when the path message is going out ...

But LAN interfaces are different ... I digress ;-)

Hope it is clear this time.

/Shankar