RE: [nsp] bandwidth limitation

From: Mark Pace Balzan (mpb@melitacable.com)
Date: Thu May 02 2002 - 15:47:45 EDT

rate-limit on the interface using access lists to limit traffic that is
matched by the acl

eg: rate-limit input access-group 122 2048000 512000 1024000 conform-action
transmit exceed-action drop

this will limit packets that match ACL122 to 2Mbps. all other packets (ie
that dont match) will not be limited.

there are other methods such as Modular QOS on recent IOS versions using
policing and a service-policy

cheers

Mark